[Bug 293227] VNET jail regression on 14-STABLE from 14.3 using bridge and epair
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2026 14:43:57 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=293227
--- Comment #3 from Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com> ---
(In reply to Timo Voelker from comment #1)
Thank you for your quick investigation, Timo.
Your setup does not seem to involve a bridge interface or an interface with a
lower MTU like my Wireguard interface.
I have simplified my setup to reproduce the problem and have written a shell
script to reproduce it on 14-STABLE that works fine on 14.3-RELEASE. I have
attached the script to this ticket.
My setup is unusual in that ${if_standalone_epair_a} has a different MTU to
${if_standalone_epair_b}, but I imagine this roughly corresponds to the
situation I saw with the Wireguard tunnel.
After running this script, run the setup commands shown, substituting
CLIENT_JAIL_NAME and SERVER_JAIL_NAME for two jails you have already set up.
Within the server jail, I run:
dd if=/dev/zero bs=18000 of=ZERO count=1
nc -6 -l 9090 < ZERO
And within the client jail, I run:
nc -6N 'fdcc:ac21:2e44:0::1' 9090 > OUT < /dev/null
On the most recent release the nc commands exit cleanly, but on -STABLE they
hang.
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.