Can anyone test a patch for an NFS server with Mellanox/Chelsio?

From: Rick Macklem <rick.macklem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2026 23:40:05 UTC
Hi,

I have a little patch for the NFS server which checks for
IFCAP_MEXTPG and, if set, fills the reply to Reads into
M_EXTPG mbufs.

I can test this by pretending that IFCAP_MEXTPG is set,
but that means that mb_unmapped_to_ext() gets called
on the mbuf chain in ip_output().

So, if there is anyone out there that has a NFS server
with either Mellanox or Chelsio NICs and can test the
patch, it can be found here:
https://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/extpg.patch

Also, when I test with a localhost mount, I actually
get better performance if I pretend that IFCAP_MEXTPG
is set. (I cannot determine if this is a localhost quirk or
an actual indication that generating M_EXTPG mbufs and
then mapping them via mb_unmapped_to_ext() is more
efficient than having NFS use mbuf clusters as it does now?

Thanks in advance for any help testing this, rick