[Bug 290768] if_wg(4): handshake response has src and dst reverse
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2025 10:56:37 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=290768
--- Comment #23 from relvy <it@vineyard-sha.de> ---
(In reply to vova from comment #20)
I took out the carp backup machine from production environment and put it into
a testbed with a single subnet 10.2.0.0/16.
I am able to reproduce it there, too.
I stripped it down to figure out what is necessary to reproduce.
I removed the LAN CARP: issue is still reproduceable.
I removed wg0 and kept wg1: issue is still reproduceable.
What I have now is:
Infrastructure:
opnsense WAN ------------ opnsense WAN CARP ------- peer (road warrior)
igc0 10.2.1.30 a.b.c.d
peer initiates handshake:
opnsense WAN ------------ opnsense WAN CARP ----- peer (road warrior)
igc0 10.2.1.30:51820 <------- a.b.c.d
outgoing traffic:
LAN opnsense WAN ------------ opnsense WAN CARP ----- peer (road warrior)
igc0 -- outbound NAT --> 10.2.1.30 -----------> a.b.c.d
a.b.c.d is the peer address, an DHCP address from 10.2.0.x/16
# pfctl -s states | grep 51820
all udp 10.2.1.30:51820 <- a.b.c.d:53003 NO_TRAFFIC:SINGLE
all udp a.b.c.d:53003 -> 10.2.1.30:51820 SINGLE:NO_TRAFFIC
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.