Re: NFS performance with 10GBase-T

From: Hannes Hauswedell <h2+lists2024_at_fsfe.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:26:38 UTC
>  Hannes
>    In the dmesg posted I see that you have a epair loaded . Are you
> trying to do NFS inside of a Jail ?

No, the NFS server is running on the regular FreeBSD (host). The epair
is used to give an (unrelated) jail a different mac-address for obscure
reasons that I could elaborate but have nothing to do with the matter at
hand :D

> Rick, Didn't someone from Isilon or Dell/EMC post about the 9K frames
> a long time ago ?  I know in isilon land
> their FreeBSD can do this, but I can't say I have any idea how it's
> being done. They do have some kernel auto-tune magic as well
> to find optimal send and receive buffers. Maybe what we are seeing is
> Linux having better ergonomics on buffers out of the box ?
>
> Hannes
>   Can you post your boot.conf and sysctl.conf settings.

Sure! I assume you mean loader.conf? I have posted the contents below.

If any other information would help, let me know!

Best regards,

Hannes

Server's loader.conf:

cryptodev_load="YES"