docker like host network mode for jails ?

From: Benoit Chesneau <benoitc_at_enki-multimedia.eu>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:26:51 UTC
I have read today this deployment git of cRPD the containerized router daemon from Juniper [1] on which they claim to control the host interface by discovering them and use the nost network mode of docker [2] .

Can we do the same for jails ? I see a jail requires to statically define the interface in the configuration, but can they be detected and managed later from the jail ? For example I can imagine we could use bird as router daemon to manage the fib on host interfaces and share this informations with other connected jails on the network.

Is this possible already ?

[1] https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/crpd/crpd-deployment/topics/concept/understanding-crpd.html

[2] https://docs.docker.com/network/drivers/host/

BenoƮt