Re: openvpn and no buffer space available (13.2-stable)

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 00:52:41 UTC
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 09:25:38PM +0200, M. Mader wrote:

>I run OpenVPN without any such problems. My sysctl.conf as
>well as my loader.conf are pretty much default.
>
>I'd try what happens without vm.vnode_pbufs="10240"

The problem is worse without it. I don't mean (direct)
throughput, that's fine. I mean for interactive stuff when
the connection, while not being completely saturated, is
quite busy. So a dns lookup for a page would fail.
Then a second later it works. It'll be the same cause
as this buffer space problem.

When the connection is more or less idle, the error with ping
doesn't happen. If the vpn is turned off, the error doesn't happen,
even if the connection is saturated.

Thing is, I don't know what "buffer" ping is talking about,
or what sysctl or feature controls it.

The other thing is, this is on a freebsd vm, so it's using
vtnet0. The host uses bxe0 10Gbase-T. Maybe vtnet needs something?