Re: Chelsio NIC with RSS - Traffic distribution to different Queues

From: <Josef.Zahner1_at_swisscom.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 13:45:23 UTC
Hi Navdeep

Nevermind, I found the following command to apply your patch diff:
root@fw-94:/sys/dev/cxgbe # patch < /root/chelsio_rss_patch.diff

There was an inconsistency with “adapter.h”, your change on line 219 was in my case a few lines further below, so I decided to manually edit those two changes in the file.

However I tried to load the new sysctl values like “hw.cxgbe.rsrv_norssq» in loader.conf, how can I verify that it works as it should? It seems that they don’t work as the don’t show up when I try to print out the new sysctl values. You mentioned that I’ve to patch the kernel, do you mean execute the patch diff? Or is there anything else I’ve to do except to execute your patch diff? What about my driver, do I need to change anything there?

Thank you, cheers
Josef