Re: Lagg and multi-gigabit questions/proablems

From: Patrick M. Hausen <hausen_at_punkt.de>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 19:32:34 UTC
Hi all,

> Am 08.11.2022 um 06:38 schrieb Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>:
> I have a newer Freebsd 12.3 system with lagg across two 1gbe interfaces.  There are a collection of vlan interfaces on the lagg.
>
> I would _expect_ to be able to get 2gbps, or just shy thereof.

You are aware that LAGG/LACP will give you only a single interface's bandwidth
for a single stream? That's by design, because reordering of TCP packets is bad.

You would need to test with multiple endpoints, because most commonly distribution
is per IP address hash.

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH
Patrick M. Hausen

Sophienstr. 187
76185 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 9109500

https://infrastructure.punkt.de
info@punkt.de

AG Mannheim 108285
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Egeling, Daniel Lienert, Fabian Stein