Re: in_pcbbind_setup: wrong condition regarding INP_REUSEPORT ?

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 00:09:07 UTC
  Andriy,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2022 at 02:46:51PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
A> Yes, that conditional.
A> I pointed out the part of it that does not make sense to me.
A>
A> Also, in my tests SO_REUSEPORT does not actually allow to share a port.
A> Test scenario:
A> - create a UDP socket
A> - setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT)
A> - bind the socket to a port and wild card address
A> - success
A> - now repeat the previous steps with the same port *under a different user id*
A> - bind fails

Sorry for late reply. The described behavior of SO_REUSEPORT is correct.
This is what SO_REUSEPORT did back in the original BSD stack and this is
what it does today in FreeBSD. 20+ years later Linux introduced a different
kinds of functionality under the same socket option name, hence the confusion.

I can't say much on the INP_REUSEPORT_LB check in the discussed code :(

--
Gleb Smirnoff