Re: Enabling EXTRA_TCP_STACKS on stable/13

From: Michael Tuexen <michael.tuexen_at_lurchi.franken.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 18:36:42 UTC
> On 22. Apr 2022, at 17:55, Gordon Bergling <gbe@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I recently build some personal infrastructure and experimented a little
> bit with tcp_bbr(4) and tcp_rack. Doing is this in a cloud environment
> is a little bit priced since the kernel must be rebuild with the build
> options EXTRA_TCP_STACKS defined.
>
> Would it be feasable to switch this option to on by default?
Wouldn't we also need
options		TCPHTPS

> I would think that the rack and bbr are stable enough for further
> adoption.
I would say we can do so for RACK in the master branch. Not sure about
BBR, since it implements BBRv1, which is known to be unfair in some
situations (this is not a property of the FreeBSD implementation,
but of the algorithm).

I'm not sure about stable/13, since a lot of changes haven't been
backported.

We can discuss this at the next transport conference call. Are you
interested to join (scheduled for May 5th, 15:00 UTC)?

Best regards
Michael