Re: ROUTE_MPATH and hashing

From: Mark Kamichoff <prox_at_prolixium.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:15:43 UTC
Hi -

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 12:06:50AM +0100, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> Is it IPv6 forwarding or the packets are originated locally?
> In case of former, what is the receive interface? (e.g. is it tun as well)?

I've tested both.  Neither work as expected.  In the original example,
all traffic takes tun12 and tun9 has no traffic other than periodic ND
packets.  To answer your second question, the receive interface is
virtio, since this is a VM connected to a BGP session on its host, which
is connected to the IPv6 Internet.

Here's a small diagram:

(IPv6 Internet)

|-----------|                 |--------------|
|   Linux   |vboxnet0---vtnet1|  FreeBSD VM  |
|-----------|                 |--------------|
                                tun9   tun12
                                 |       |
                                 |       |
                                tun2    tun3
                               |  Linux #2  |

                             (downstream network)

I have done tests from hosts on the downstream network to and from the
Internet as well as from the FreeBSD VM directly to the Linux #2 host.

- Mark

--
Mark Kamichoff
prox@prolixium.com