Porting OpenBSD MPLS to FreeBSD

From: Neel Chauhan <nc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:17:42 UTC
Hi freebsd-net@,

Long time no see. I've gotten a (Ports) commit bit since then.

I haven't been very active in TCP/IP hacking as of late, as more
recently I've been more focused on GNOME packages and some GPU drivers.

Going back, I'm thinking about porting OpenBSD's MPLS to FreeBSD.

I have a two questions:

  * Is porting OpenBSD MPLS to FreeBSD feasible, or are we better off
doing a from-scratch implementation based on netgraph?

  * Would some of the other committers here be willing to mentor/help me
if needed?

Unlike my old IPFW patches which got nowhere (plus I no longer use
IPFW), I feel this is more something that could be useful when running
FreeBSD as a router, but hasn't really been done.

-Neel (nc@)