Re: Splitting antenna

From: Jim Thompson via freebsd-net <freebsd-net_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:11:16 UTC
(When did FreeBSD-net become about antenna theory?)

The answer (of course) is, “it depends”. Mostly on “what bands” though your antenna and cables will have some effect as well.

Some WiFi cards these days employ a form of beamforming or even MIMO.  Older cards could use selection diversity to enhance reception.   Some cards are, as you say, architected to have a 2.4ghz chain on one antenna and a 5ghz chain on another.

So we’d have to know more about your wifi card as well.

Jim