Re: pulseaudio / alc1220 sound clicks interruptions etc

From: Amar Takhar <verm_at_darkbeer.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2025 01:36:06 UTC
On 2025-06-05 03:19 +0200, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2025 at 2:50???AM Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info> wrote:
> > Amar could you please try disabling the nvidia module and running Xorg
> > on SCFB framebuffer to see if that solves problem on your setup?
> 
> Okay, another idea I just had was to disable all C-states in BIOS,
> maybe cores were disappearing in unhandled manner and jobs were
> unfinished or something like that, so disabling C-states while P+E
> cores are active with speed step also improves things for me - no
> audio pauses, no clicking, no glitches, even on high load (make
> buildworld -j24 + virtualbox + firefox), you can try that too :-)

I tried this no difference -- I mentioned this elsewhere but sometimes it sounds 
like it's fixed but it's not if you look at the sine wave the pops/gaps are 
still there you just can't hear them they get smaller.  I checked this because 
at one point when I couldn't find a video that was making the sound and thought 
it was fixed I could tell there were still some slight UI hiccups.

That's when I checked to be sure and sure enough it's painfully clear they were 
still there.  I don't think this issue is just causing problems for audio but 
also with Xorg.


Amar.