Re: FFmpeg VAAPI H264 /HEVC encoding not supported

From: Mario Marietto <marietto2008_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 16:52:44 UTC
Hello.

As I said my friend has been able to enable FFmpeg VAAPI H264 and HEVC on
his macbook,as you can see :

00:57:27.416: NVENC supported
00:57:27.428: VAAPI: API version 1.20
00:57:27.428: FFmpeg VAAPI H264 encoding supported
00:57:27.430: FFmpeg VAAPI HEVC encoding supported

He says that he used OBS version 29. He gave me the informations below
to understand why it works for him :

https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/cerberus/blob/master/freebsd/freebsd-wayland.org
:  freebsd set up on dell xps 15 and macbook

https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/freebsd-root-xps : freebsd root dotfiles

https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/cerberus/blob/master/freebsd/prime-list/prime-list-xps.txt
: pkg prime list

https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/cerberus/blob/master/freebsd/pkg-info/pkg-info.txt
: pkg info with versions

https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/cerberus/blob/master/freebsd/obs-nvenc-freebsd.org
:
<https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/cerberus/blob/master/freebsd/obs-nvenc-freebsd.org>
with-glibc-shim fix

https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/f...re/applications/com.obsproject.Studio.desktop
<https://github.com/NapoleonWils0n/freebsd-dotfiles-xps/blob/master/.local/share/applications/com.obsproject.Studio.desktop>
: obs desktop entry

So,it seems that under certain conditions,those options can be enabled ;
are you able to understand why they work for him ? This will help me to
save some time. Otherwise I should reproduce his setup step by step. It
will take a lot of time for me. Thanks.

--
Mario.