Sound on Yoga Book

From: Milan Obuch <freebsd-multimedia_at_dino.sk>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 10:16:36 UTC
Hi,

I am playing with FreeBSD on a new box, dual screen Yoga Book - see
following URL for some info and pictures:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006582938099.html

After installing FreeBSD, tinkering a bit with ports etc. I decided to
try sound. This time, it was really easy - with HDAC

hdac0@pci0:0:31:3:	class=0x040100 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x54c8 subvendor=0x10ec subdevice=0x111e
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Alder Lake-N PCH High Definition Audio Controller'
    class      = multimedia
    subclass   = audio
    bar   [10] = type Memory, range 64, base 0x6001150000, size 16384, enabled
    bar   [20] = type Memory, range 64, base 0x6001000000, size 1048576, enabled

(excerpt from 'pciconf -lvb') it works out of the box, just figuring
out the correct output was the 'issue'.

sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=0

switches default output to external line/speakers, whereas

sysctl hw.snd.default_unit=1

switches default output to internal speakers. Now, I just realised,
just using 'cat /dev/sndstat' would tell it immediatelly:

Installed devices:
pcm0: <Realtek ALC269 (Right Analog Headphones)> (play)
pcm1: <Realtek ALC269 (Internal Analog Speaker)> (play) default
No devices installed from userspace.

I could get the sound earlier, I guess :) but it works nicelly, and
that's important. So I can watch some video via vlc.

Is there anathing interesting I could check? For the completeness, I
installed last 15.0 snapshot, 'uname -a' shows

FreeBSD yoga.dino.sk 15.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT #0 main-n269103-112783ebbc31: Thu Apr  4 03:36:01 UTC 2024     root@releng3.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC amd64

Regards,
Milan