Re: DSP support

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 18:56:11 UTC
On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 7:32 AM Mori Hiroki <yamori813@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want DSP support to FreeBSD 12.
>
> Ralink 24K have DPS v1.
>
> Ralink and Atheros 74k have DSP v1 and v2.
>
> I seem NetBSD support DPS on userland.
>
> Do you have advice something, please let me know.

At the highest level, if you want to use the DSP, you need to save and
restore
its state when it's being used. NetBSD should have some code to snag for
that.
I'm not familiar enough with toolchains to know the extent to which you'd
need
userland changes. But you can likely snag those from NetBSD as well, though
you may need to use an external toolchain to get support for DSP, since it's
a bit of a niche part of the architecture.

Warner