devel/thrift-java: How to make a port for Gradle Java Application?

From: Norikatsu Shigemura <nork_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 03:32:37 UTC
Hi!

Now I want to use parquet-cli (https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/),
and I am starting to make a port thrift-java before building
parquet-cli.  It depends on thrift-java, and I can't build it
without thrift-java.

My thrift-java port is still some work to do, and we have built the
port creation with network connection.  But building in poudriere-testport
without network connection environment is not successful.

Because gradlew downloads a lot of JAR files depending on thrift-java
at build time.

This behavior is similar to the GO language, NPM and others, but
even if I pre-fetched them, gradlew won't use them.

What should I do? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

--
Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@ninth-nine.com>