Mini PC does not like FreeBSD

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 23:30:00 UTC
First, can anyone recommend a small, inexpensive mini-PC that will work
with FreeBSD? I do need one with a VGA monitor connection. (That limits
options quite a bit.)

My decade-old server, an ASUS mini-PC, died a couple of weeks ago and I
bought a Kamrui replacement. Looked good. low-end Alder Lake processor, 16
GB RAM and 512GB SSD.
This looked like a great $200 option for me.

The SSD is m.2, but not nVME. It has a SATA interface. I started seeing odd
corruptions and missing files (like my ld-elf hints file). Decided that the
SSD was bad, so returned the unit and got a replacement. It crashed and
stopped booting when I was installing a number of packages. I see the
following messages:

OK boot -s
staging 0x5fc00000 (not copying) tramp 0x6e4c60000 PT4 0x6e4bd000
Start @ 0xffffffff803b000 ...
EFI framebuffer information:
addr, size       0x4000000000, 0x1d4c00
dimensions     800 x 600
stride             800
masks            0x00ff0000, 0x0000ff00, 0x000000ff, 0xff000000

IS there an issue with this hardware (which has probably never run FreeBSD)
or did I just step into a bad batch of SSDs?

E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com