Re: M2 NVME support

From: Kurt Jaeger <pi_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 11:43:32 UTC
Hi!

> We are in the process of buying new hardware for use with FreeBSD and
> ZFS. We are planning whether to buy M2 NVME disks or just SATA SSD disks
> (probably Samsung PM* ones). How is you experience with them?

One box with two NVMe (my packet-builder host), running CURRENT.

Model Number:                       Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB

Works fine, no problems. I have not measured throughput,
but I guess NVMe is faster than SSD, due to the SATA bottleneck etc.

Several boxes with SSD Sata (mostly Samsung SSD 850/960 and some
with Intel S4510/S4610/S4500/S4600 Series SSDs), all work fine.

There were issues with Samsung SSDs and AMD EPYC 3251 CPUs.
That's when we brought in the Intel SSDs...

--
pi@FreeBSD.org         +49 171 3101372                  Now what ?