Re: timeouts on USB ISP programmer

From: Tomek CEDRO <tomek_at_cedro.info>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 16:44:33 UTC
Two importan things I have noted while reading AVR datasheets:

1. Programming voltage is 5V. Unless reset is disabled then 12V is required
on reset line. This is important if we program bare chip or chip on the
board surrounded by components (that may not be 5V tolerant).

2. There are various programming protocols and interfaces for various avr
chips. For instance Xplained416XNANO uses DebugWIRE protocol and connection
to target MCU. From ATTiny85 datasheet it also looks it uses DebugWIRE for
flashing and debug. But Xplained104XNANO uses TWI connection and protocol
(the same as ATTiny10).

I am working on using Xplained104XNANO to program ATtiny10, I have
connection to Programmer, but simple rewire does not work (yet) to
communicate with ATtiny10.

Looks like knowing datasheet details and schematics of the hardware should
not be skipped :-)

--
CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, https://www.tomek.cedro.info