Re: GELI disk corrupted or external influence?

From: Dewayne Geraghty <dewaynegeraghty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 08:13:38 UTC
Hi Anon,
"geli restore $dev" recovers the last sector (512B) of the partition from
its backup, usually located in /var/backup.  If you recovered access via a
restore then something has written into it.  I've used geli since 2006 on a
large number of systems, when there's been a problem its due to my learning
(by my mistake).  :)

openbsd is an excellent choice.  Though it would be very helpful if you
could detail the steps that caused your negative experiences so the FreeBSD
dev's can improve and help others, as this is a community effort :)    I
set locale and keymap and haven't experienced problems; but my requirements
are very simple.

There is a bug reporting system at
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
Kind regards, Dewayne.