Valgrind on arm64

From: Paul Floyd <paulf2718_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 18:21:44 UTC
Hi

[reposting the same message that I posted to the Userland forum]

I'm close to being ready with a port of Valgrind on arm64 (currently
only i386 and amd64 are officially supported).

I'd appreciate it if anyone could build and test it.

The git repo is here
https://github.com/paulfloyd/freebsdarm64_valgrind

To build, run the following
autogen.sh
configure --prefix=where_you_want_to_install
gmake
gmake install

Iif you have GCC installed run configure with "CC=clang CXX=clang++".
If you prefer not to install it, you can run it from the build directory
with the script "vg-in-place".

There's one more issue that I'd like to iron out - DRD isn't detecting
pthread_barrier issues. After that I'll push the code upstream and
update the devel/valgrind-devel port.

I expect Valgrind 3.23 will be out by the end of April and I'll update
devel/valgrind at that time.

A+
Paul