A project is to be able to pass through an nvidia gpu to a Windows vm virtualized with bhyve.

From: Mario Marietto <marietto2008_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 20:56:31 UTC
Hello.

My project is to be able to pass through an nvidia gpu to a Windows vm
virtualized with bhyve. I know how to do that,but no one wants to take my
idea into consideration.  The problem is that Windows gives error 12
(interrupt conflicts) when it finds the nvidia gpu that has been passed
through by bhyve. This is the patch needed :

https://gitlab.com/Queuecumber/linux-acs-override/raw/master/workspaces/5.6.12/acso.patch

Linux does not need this patch anymore because it has been added in the
mainline kernel. Different story is Windows. No one can add that code
inside the Windows code. But,maybe it can be added inside the bhyve code or
that code can be converted in powershell code and run it under Windows. I
don't know what's the best method. But I'm sure that it will work.

Let me know what you think.

--
Mario.