Re: GSOC - Participation

From: Joseph Mingrone <jrm_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 19:43:12 UTC
On Fri, 2024-03-01 at 19:36, Amaan Jamadar <amaanjamadar8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Amaan, a thrid year student from India pursuing Computer Engineering .
> I'm interested in doing GSOC with FreeBSD. I wanted some guidance on how to
> approach and what steps to take after choosing a project idea. I'm
> interested in kernel development I have some idea about kernel programming
> but I'm a novice. I also have a good grasp of some networking protocols. I
> wish you can guide me on choosing the projects and how I start with them.

> Best Regards,
> Amaan

Hi Amman,

It's nice to hear you are interested in contributing to FreeBSD
through GSoC 2024.  There are a few projects on
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeIdeas that may match your skills
and interests.

For more information about choosing a project, have a look at the
message I posted to hackers@FreeBSD.org a few minutes ago in response to
a similar request from Isaac.

If anything is unclear, please let me know, and I'll do my best to steer
you in the right direction.

Regards,

Joe