Re: Upgrading -RELEASE to -CURRENT

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 00:15:59 UTC
On Fri, Apr 19, 2024, 6:08 PM void <void@f-m.fm> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 06:46:04PM -0400, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:
>
> >Is upgrading from 14.0-RELEASE directly to -CURRENT supposed to work?  I
> >didn't see anything in the docs that says it shouldn't.
>
> I think the general principle is "upgrade to latest version of thing
> before upgrading major version" so for 14.0 that would involve building &
> installing 14-stable and then 15-current.

Last release to current almost always works. So 14.0 to current is doable.
I did 14.0 beta1 -> current 3 weeks ago.

Etcupdate pre mode, Buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, reboot,
installworld, etcupdate, reboot -r

But OP said they did that twice, once for stale/14 and once for main so I'm
not sure what is going on.  Need error message i think.

Warner

Warner