Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: enabling same PPI interrupt to all CPU in ARM64 SMP

From: Kyle Evans <kevans_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 05:05:40 UTC
On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 9:59 AM Souradeep Chakrabarti
<schakrabarti@microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]

Interesting! I do see one problem with the patch (and some cosmetic
issues): we really need to take the gic_mtx in gic_v3_setup_periph()
right up front because CPU_SET() won't necessarily be atomic. That's
not the problem, though for other reasons, but also because...

> From DDB I have collected this data in arm64. irq18 is for vmbus.
> db> show irqs
> irq18  <gic0,p2>: cpu 03 cnt 411

That would seem to indicate that both CPUs have set it up, but it
occurs to me that enable_intr also needs the same treatment. Let's
wipe gic_v3.c back to a clean slate and try a v2 of the patch:
https://people.freebsd.org/~kevans/ppi-v2.diff

For now we just pretend that we won't be disabling any PPIs as a
proof-of-concept.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans