Re: Netlink support in Go

From: Alexander Chernikov <melifaro_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 12:22:20 UTC

> On 4 May 2023, at 12:23, Mina Galić <freebsd@igalic.co> wrote:
>
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm trying to get LXD agent running for FreeBSD, and it's missing a few things:
>
>    https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/11603
>
> Now, while the LXD folks are working on removing the necessity for such low-level access…
> I was wondering if anyone of ye who has worked on Netlink would be interested in extending Go's netlink support to FreeBSD.
Few more datapoints here: all user-visible defines in FreeBSD Netlink implementation matches their counterparts in Linux, so (hopefully) extending the support is about enabling libgo have those defines from the FreeBSD headers.
The headers layout (and naming) is different from Linux, so that’s probably the main point where effort is required.