Re: User-Agent: and In-Reply-To:

From: Felix Palmen <zirias_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 10:12:02 UTC
* Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> [20230327 21:12]:
> I wouldn't doubt others may implement the same policy using procmail or
> even Outlook (which has powerful processing rules).

You could even use dovecot with sieve-filters (that's what I do) ;)

> So, yeah, to and cc while also cc the ML does have its place.

It certainly does, although for lists I read regularly anyways, a CC to
me directly annoys me a bit (one more mail to delete manually)...

A pity the Mail-Followup-To: header isn't a standard and therefore only
supported by a few MUAs. It solves this problem very nicely, announcing
to responders where they should direct their followups to.

AFAIK, at least thunderbird, (neo)mutt and gnus support it, probably a
few others as well.

--
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer (mentee) --            {web}  http://palmen-it.de