Performance issues with custom kernel and schedgraph tool

From: Nicolas Goldman <nicolasgoldman07_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 12:19:36 UTC
Hello everyone,

I have recently been experiencing performance issues on my FreeBSD system,
specifically with the task scheduler. I have* modified the scheduler (*I’m
working on a short-term scheduler based on Petri Nets*)* and now see too
much idle processor time. I have tried using the schedgraph tool to analyze
the scheduler performance but I am receiving display errors.

I want to ask the community if anyone has experienced similar issues with
the FreeBSD task scheduler, and if they have any advice or solutions for
improving performance. Is there any way to use the schedgraph tool in
non-GUI mode, as I am having trouble running it on my system without a
graphical display?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
for your assistance!

Best regards, Nico.