Re: keeping old php74 in poudriere

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml_at_netfence.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 17:15:40 UTC
On 2/21/23 19:16, void wrote:
> hello hackers@

Hello.

> basically i need to keep php74 and all the extensions for a machine
> I have to look after.

Let me know how you manage, please, since I might need to do this too :(

> 2. not use an overlay but to use some other method?

I personally rely on git.
I maintain my own branches and periodically "rebase" on the official ones.
However, I don't do this just for a port or two, I have some ports to
add, some to patch, etc... (and I also do this for src), so it's
possible that, for your use case, this might be overkill.

WRT php74 I'm a bit scared, since it's not just a matter of adding some
ports, but also make the infrastructure cope (USES, VERSIONS, etc...).

  bye
	av.