Re: Swap, ZFS & ARC

From: Jason Bacon <bacon4000_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 16:21:06 UTC
On 2/2/23 09:45, jbo@insane.engineer wrote:
>> I prefer not doing this. That is, all my systems have swap partition outside of ZFS pool.
> This isn't really achievable on your average "single disk" desktop systems, right?
> Assuming I'm not missing something (which is why I came here to ask), a "regular" or "default" installation through the FreeBSD installer would setup a swap partition within the zpool, right?

Yes, it is.  You can install to a UFS partition + swap, leaving most of
the disk unused.  After install, create the ZFS pool on the free space.

I use this strategy for mission-critical servers, since I've run into
occasional boot problems using root on ZFS.

--
Life is a game.  Play hard.  Play fair.  Have fun.