Re: USB chip CH9102F

From: CeDeROM <cederom_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:14:54 UTC
On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 3:43 PM Daniel Braniss wrote:
> Hi,
> is there/will there be any support for this chip? CH9102F.
>
> there is a driver for linux and windows, but event though it sort of works on FreeBSD,
> the magic needed to flash the firmware on newer esp32’s is not working.

I also bought USB-C based UART-to-USB adapter from Waveshare with
CH343G chip and use it for ESP32 flashing.

This chip is a bit tricky and I have noticed it is less reliable for
initial flashing on a custom ESP32 board (boot mode selection using
RTS/CTS pins). It sometimes fails, while older USB-UART converters
works fine.

What are your problems exactly?

Are you sure this is not the custom hardware design issue?

Do you have Reset and BootSel pins on your board that you can trigger
by hand in order to help USB-UART cable?

What is your magic that you need to do in order to flash the chip successfully?

Does standard operations (UART CLI) work as expected?

Did you take a look at man stty and use stty crtscts <port> / stty
-crtscts <port> to see if that fixes anything?