Re: Accessing I2C-Bus via ELV USB-I2C

From: Axel Rau <Axel.Rau_at_Chaos1.DE>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 16:31:26 UTC

> Am 05.10.2022 um 16:46 schrieb Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>:
>
> On 10/5/22 13:55, Axel Rau wrote:
>> If I do not want to touch th USB stuff, can I get the same effect by close/open of the serial device?
>
> The uslcom driver only does this right after attach, in 13-stable and 14-main.
>
> Does the attached patch make any difference for you?
>
> --HPS
> <0001-uslcom-4-Clear-stall-at-every-open.patch>
As this is a production server, I try to avoid reboots.

Meanwhile, I have inserted a read loop which eats the fragments
and allows the following status query to get a clean response.
With this patch, recovery seems to work.

Additionally I have eliminated a hub and connected the device directly to a port.
Hopefully this will stop the frequent `/dev/cuaU0: Bus connection lost`events.

Thanks for your time,
Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius