Re: FreeBSD financing

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 09:29:27 UTC
On 06/11/22 08:58, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> I looked at FreeBSD site and see this year very low financing (year
> still not ended but is close) relative to former years.

AFAIK most donations happen in the last few weeks of the year, so the
fact that the donation counter is relatively low in November is no
indication. As far as I can remember it's always been like that.

I don't have hard data on this, except my own memory and remembering
various articles on the internet in the past year declaring the project
dead based on donation count at similar times, when the counter jumped
towards the end of the year.

There are also some reasons why donations arrive at end of year. Only at
that time big donors (and smaller ones too) have an idea IF they have
money to donate, and IF they will be able to reap the fiscal advantage
such donations can give.

So any such worries should be postponed and reviewed around December, 31st.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>