Re: Difference in shared object dependency

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 15:32:12 UTC
On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 8:14 AM Arka Sharma <arka.sw1988@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using 'ldd -a' to list the shared object dependencies of executable
> as well as using 'procstat -v' to dump the mapping which also lists the
> mapping of shared objects in process address space. I have noticed in some
> cases 'procstat' lists some additional .so files (not counting the
> ld-elf.so). Can somebody please tell me what's going on here ?

Are they repeats, but with different versions, of what ldd -a shows? If so,
then you have a partially upgraded system and will likely be in a world of
pain until you upgrade completely.

Alternatively, you might be seeing a program that uses dlopen to map in
other modules which is pulling in these libraries. In that case, it's
normal.

Warner