Re: RFD: MFC hold time guidelines

From: Daniel Ebdrup Jensen <debdrup_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 13:47:55 UTC
On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 12:35:43PM +0000, Pau Amma wrote:
>On 2022-06-16 18:00, George Mitchell wrote:
>>On 6/16/22 12:51, Pau Amma wrote:
>>>[...]
>>>For context: git log | grep -i -E 'MFC.*after.*:' | sed -E -e 's/^
>>>*(X-?)?//i' -e 's/^MFC[a-z0-9]*[- ]after: */MFC after: /i' | sort
>>>-fb | uniq -ci | sort -bf -k 1nr
>>>[...]
>>
>>A command line I'm sure you dashed off without a moment's hesitation!
>
>I'm confused. If you're wondering what this command does or how I came
>up with it, why not ask that?
>
>Either way, I'm still looking for feedback or answers on the actual
>point of my email.
>
>--
>#BlackLivesMatter #TransWomenAreWomen #AccessibilityMatters
>#StandWithUkrainians
>English: he/him/his (singular they/them/their/theirs OK)
>French: il/le/lui (iel/iel and ielle/ielle OK)
>Tagalog: siya/niya/kaniya (please avoid sila/nila/kanila)

Hi folks,

      I think The Way Of Ed matches what I consider to be prudent, so
      barring anyone with a paintbrush and a shed, I think we might go
      with that?

      I also think Kristof is onto something, with the whole bumping one
      or more levels, if you happen to know that a specific timing won't
      work out particularly well.

      Incidentally, it's a cute usage of pipes and standard I/O :)

Yours,
Daniel Ebdrup Jensen