Re: Raspberry PI zero W (RPI3A0 written on chip) - does FreeBSD work

From: Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:36:55 UTC
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 7:57 PM Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@puchar.net> wrote:

> > https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm/Raspberry%20Pi
> >  FreeBSD/ARM on the Raspberry Pi family
>
> yes i downloaded 2 - RPI3 and RPI. None works. Led lights up, no console
> both with OTG or over serial port.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
Raspberry Pi

 https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/
Raspberry Pi Zero W
The Raspberry Pi Zero W extends the Pi Zero family and comes with added
wireless LAN and Bluetooth connectivity.

You are using  Raspberry Pi  ZERO .
I could not find its CPU version information .
It seems that you are selecting an incompatible FreeBSD release or snapshot
with its
CPU .

https://www.itsfoss.net/install-freebsd-on-raspberry-pi-zero-w-pi-4/
Install FreeBSD on Raspberry Pi Zero W & Pi 4

In the above page , the following is written :

DOWNLOAD FreeBSD For Raspberry Pi Zero

1. official FreeBSD armv6-RPI-B image downloaded from:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snaps … MAGES/12.0

The explicit link is the following :

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/12.0

Here the related CPU version is  "armv6" .

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-snapshots/2022-January/date.html
freebsd-snapshots: FreeBSD Development Snapshot Announcements
by date

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-snapshots/2022-January/000043.html

New FreeBSD snapshots available: stable/12 (20220113 r371482)
From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:55:30 +0000

12.3-STABLE armv6 RPI-B

https://www.freebsd.org/where/
Download FreeBSD

From the above page select  "RPI-B" :

https://download.freebsd.org/releases/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/12.3/FreeBSD-12.3-RELEASE-arm-armv6-RPI-B.img.xz
OR

a snapshot from the below part

Development Snapshots

an  "armv6"  one .

If  "armv6" is wrong , please select the correct CPU version of your board .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk