Re: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 19:00:20 UTC
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 12:46:52PM -0400, Joseph Mingrone wrote:

>Thank you to everyone who took the time to contribute project ideas.
>Here is a summary of what was submitted.  If your idea was missed or
>misrepresented, feel free to add or edit it.
>
>https://wiki.freebsd.org/2021FoundationCFI

Not sure where this would go, because it's such a general thing.. but
I'd like to see a hard commitment[0] to ensure the date-of-creation
and the date-last-modified of every page/article within the handbook[2]
is somewhere clear at the start/top[1] of each page.

Missing manpages or instructions are bad. Inaccurate and out-of-date ones
are actually *worse*.

[0] meaning that if this information is not present, then the page gets removed.

[1] meaning that it's not in javascript, or in a sidebar. In the main page so
     that it can be read by AnyBrowser/Viewer. It could be justified to the left or
     the right. But at the *start* so that one doesn't have to read the whole thing
     only to discover that the instructions pertained to the previous decade.

[2] not just the handbook

thanks,
--
J.