golang bugs [was: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas]

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:06:34 UTC
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 at 13:40, mike tancsa <mike@sentex.net> wrote:

> On 11/23/2021 5:41 PM, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> > Hello FreeBSD community,
> >
> > The Foundation is seeking suggestions for new projects to support.  What
> > gaps in the Project are not being addressed by the broader community?
>
> Maybe some bug squashing on the FreeBSD golang runtime. There are a
> number of open issues. Would be great to see better support as its
> getting to be a more popular dev platform.

A quick follow-up on this - there were a couple of fairly significant
"golang" issues that were due to FreeBSD kernel bugs, and were
addressed recently:
- https://github.com/golang/go/issues/46272
- https://github.com/zrepl/zrepl/issues/343

A search for open golang issues labeled OS-FreeBSD turns up 22 issues:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AOS-FreeBSD+

A quick look turned up a couple that warrant some investigation but
nothing of exceptional concern. If go users have input on specific
bugs of note or use cases that can help guide the investigation or
prioritization I'm happy to have that feedback.