Re: FreeBSD 12.4: EFI: geli + UFS won't boot - fix available

From: David E. Cross <david_at_crossfamilyweb.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 21:46:10 UTC
On 12/14/22 20:10, David Cross wrote:
> The drafts never made it out, doesn’t seem there is a distinction there

>>> I wrote  draft ENs for these already. Give me a few and I’ll send them on again
>>>
>> Thank you! I misinterpreted you as your drafts having been rejected.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andreas Kempe

Sorry for the previous top-posting.  I will get better.

Anyway, here are the 3 draft ENs I wrote earlier, submitted 8/30/2022.
All 3 were actually reported by other people (I just happened to hit
them independently), all 3 had patches submitted and were in GIT in
-CURRENT.

While all 3 affect 'nonstandard' options (geli root disk isn't standard,
compiling with other options isn't standard), all of these things are
supposed to work, and the patches involved are trivial.  The geli one
itself is such a HUGE problem it has to be addressed IMO.  When I wrote
these drafts 12.4 wasn't a thing, so they need to be updated.  Also
there are sections that need to be corrected also, I was trying to do
the heavy lift of describing the problem, workarounds, impact, etc.
Things like the specific patches need to come from git after merges/etc.