kernel crash making a vlan on a wlan

From: Jeff Anton <antonfb_at_hesiod.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 17:46:31 UTC
A few days ago I tried setting up a vlan for a wlan on a non-critical
13.0 amd64 (Atom processor) machine and it crashed hard. And because I
set it up in the rc.conf it loop crashed and eventually would not boot
and standalone fsck could not repair the filesystem and it would not
even get past the btx loader so that machine is out of action. It was
taking kernel dumps but to the same corrupt root fs. Sigh.

What I can remember from the crash report was the process was ifconfig
and there were calls to like wlan_ioctl and other ioctl's on the stack.

I probably set something like the following in rc.conf

vlans_wlan0="vlan0"
create_args_vlan0="vlan 1234"
ifconfig_vlan0="inet 192.168.2.3"
static_routes="mcast"
route_mcast="-net 224.0.0.0/4 -iface vlan0"

Anyone want to risk attempting recreation while I rebuild my now dead
machine?

Jeff Anton