Re: Desperate with 870 QVO and ZFS

From: <egoitz_at_ramattack.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 12:02:57 UTC
Hi Eugene,

No... I normally don't have many delete operations..... in fact the bast
majority of them are left for the night... they are done at 2,3,4 am in
the morning....

We may have 600 deletes/sec at busy times (acording to what I see in
gstat and calculating when having two masters)....

I don't think is a trim issue, because where removing snapshots in same
disks as these ones, but in another different machines (of another
service) and there are no issues... they hold virtual machines... it's
not mail.... but I assume something should be seen too if trims where
the issue...

I honestly think, it could have something to do with concurrency.... the
disks have issues when you have perhaps 2200 users for instance and in
peak hours only!.... but how a disk... could be suffering of
concurrency?. The controller should only be able to do an operation at
the own same time... so there's not exist paralelism there... I can't
really understand what happens....

Regards,