Re: OpenSSH 8.7p1 update for the base system

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 23:50:02 UTC
On Sat, 4 Sept 2021 at 14:25, Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to apply the patch but it resulted in lots of warnings about
> modifying an existing file and should a reversion be made.

Hrm, I wasn't able to reproduce this -- I just did:

% git checkout 7b81e6c7caf23adca6a2cabdfdf29985eab9865d
% fetch https://people.freebsd.org/~emaste/openssh/FreeBSD-base-openssh-8.7p1-20210904-114623.diff
% patch -p1 < FreeBSD-base-openssh-8.7p1-20210904-114623.

and it applied with no errors. The only thing I can think of off hand
is to make sure that your working tree is clean before trying to apply
the patch (i.e., make sure `git status` doesn't list any modified or
added files).