Re: Solaris doors implementation

From: Daniel Ebdrup Jensen <debdrup_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 20:58:34 UTC
On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 07:59:56PM +0000, Bojan Novković wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I am interested in helping with the Solaris doors IPC implementation idea posted on the IdeasPage.
>However, seeing as there is no contact listed, would anyone know if this idea is being worked on and who the technical contact is?
>
>Kind regards,
>Bojan Novkovic

Hi Bojan,

      I'm almost certain nobody is working on it, since according to the
      history [1], it was added back in 2014.

      As to a technical contact, I'm not sure. It's not hard to find out
      who added it, but whether that person was responsible for the idea
      in the first place is harder to know.

      There's always the option of some of the IRC channels [2], although
      in that case you're probably looking at interacting with a few
      different people. Also, I'm sort-of curious, so do you mind me
      asking what sort of technical information is it you require?

      I just ask, because it's always possible that it's already
      documented. ;)

Yours,
Daniel Ebdrup Jensen

1: https://wiki.freebsd.org/action/recall/IdeasPage?action=recall&rev=257