Re: linux compat: namespaces and cgroups

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 14:59:08 UTC
Hi Chris, I'm happy to see someone with an interest in these topics!

On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 09:01, Chris Stephan <chris.stephan@live.com> wrote:

> Syscalls: setns(), unshare(), extension of clone(), ioprio_get(), ioprio_set(), SYS_ioprio_get, SYS_ioprio_set, prlimit() and extension of setrlimit()

One thing that might be useful to folks who might work on the FreeBSD
kernel side is to build up a collection of small programs that
demonstrate these syscalls and interfaces. To some extent I think we
can separate functionality from priority/limit controls.
Demonstrations for setns, unshare, and clone would be interesting.

> First, when perusing the archives I haven’t seen anything indicating this has been attempted before, but if there is any prior work that someone would be willing to allow my collaboration or continuation on, it would be great to know before I get started.

Several of us have had an interest in this for some time, but I am not
aware of any existing significant work. We've spoken about starting a
regular call for these topics in the near future, and I'll follow up
when ready to move forward.