Re: usb serial - need quirk?

From: Daniel Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 08:42:54 UTC

> On 29 Nov 2021, at 10:16, Daniel O'Connor <darius@dons.net.au> wrote:
>

>> On 29 Nov 2021, at 18:09, Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Nov 2021, at 09:24, Daniel O'Connor <darius@dons.net.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had a look at the ESP32-C3 datasheet and it *does* have a USB interface built in and it talks about a CDC-ACM virtual serial port which matches what you see.
>>>
>>> The only ACM quirk I can see is UQ_ASSUME_CM_OVER_DATA so you could try that I suppose..
>>

>>> (See the usb_quirk man page)
>>>
>> i’ll try this ASAP, thanks
>>
>> BTW, looking at the m5 stamp c3 diagram, I can’t see how the usb-typec is connected to the esp32c3
>> from the esp32c3 docs, it’s gpio9 that needs to be grounded to flash, and I don’t see that happening when
>> using the onboard usb.
>> oh well,
>
> The schematic at https://m5stack.oss-cn-shenzhen.aliyuncs.com/resource/docs/static/assets/img/product_pics/core/stamp_c3/stamp_c3_sch_01.webp it has a CH9102F and some googling suggests it presents as a CDC ACM device.
>
> It looks like it has RTS and DTR hooked up so they can reset and drive GPIO9 for programming.
>
> Unfortunately I can't see anything obvious about why it doesn't work :(

well, I tried adding the quirk but no change, so using a different ttl2usb works - though needs manual
intervention to ground pin 9 - im ok, I need to flash via serial only once, since after that
I can use OTA (unless I screwup and it panics :-)
BTW: who ever is interested in the esp-idf the master version now installs and works almost out of the box
on FreeBSD 13.0

thanks,
	danny