Re: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas

From: Shawn Webb <shawn.webb_at_hardenedbsd.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 19:36:13 UTC
On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 01:39:21PM -0500, mike tancsa wrote:
> On 11/23/2021 5:41 PM, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> > Hello FreeBSD community,
> >
> > The Foundation is seeking suggestions for new projects to support.  What
> > gaps in the Project are not being addressed by the broader community?
>
> Maybe some bug squashing on the FreeBSD golang runtime. There are a number
> of open issues. Would be great to see better support as its getting to be a
> more popular dev platform.

A little tidbit: When building PIE golang applications, golang still
creates a mapping at a deterministic address. I opened a bug report[0]
a few years back, but it seems the bug is still open.

Supporting PIE golang apps would go a long way with FreeBSD's recent
ventures into AS{L}R.

[0]: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/27583

Thanks,

--