Re: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas

From: Daniel Ebdrup Jensen <debdrup_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 00:02:27 UTC
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 10:44:16PM +0100, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
>El mié., 24 nov. 2021 22:32, Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
>escribió:

>> What

>> directly
>> >
>> > Hey Joseph,
>> >
>> > Thanks for sending this out!
>> >
>> > Here's just a few things I'd love to see:
>> >
>> > 1. wireless mesh support. this would go _a long_ ways for supporting
>> >    human rights efforts.
>> > 2. 100% llvm toolchain for base and ports. freebsd seems to already be
>> >    going in this direction.
>> > 3. jail orchestration in base. it's great that we have all these
>> >    disparate jail management ports, but we lack a fully
>> >    coherent/integreated solution. I'd love to see jail orchestration
>> >    get the same love as zfs in base.
>> > 4. tor browser bundle (port from openbsd?)
>> >
>> > That's at least what I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>> Another idea:
>>
>> 5. Distributed Poudriere. I have a few systems that would benefit from
>>    such a feature. For example, two ThunderX1 systems. And once I
>>    resurrect our partially-dead ThunderX2 system, we'll have three
>>    arm64 appliances in which we can build packages.
>>

>Package seeding in poudriere

Hi folks,

      This has been in poudriere since May 2021 according to [1], and is
      currently usable if you install poudriere-devel.

      Also, can I appeal to everyone's better nature, and ask not to +1
      if there's nothing else to add. This is a call for proposals, if
      there's any voting to be done it will surely not be done via
      mailing lists. :)

Yours hopefully,
Daniel Ebdrup Jensen