Re: git and openzfs conflict

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:22:24 UTC
On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 07:09:50PM +0200, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 09:52:00AM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > I'm trying to update a 2 month git repository to today.
>
> Sorry, the correct url:
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-git/2021-June/000015.html

Thanks.  IMO, changes of this nature should be disallowed.
Expecting people to find an email in the freebsd-git
mailing archives seems to be a bit unfriendly (especially
since the mailing list archives are currently a mess).

The information in that email should be in /usr/src/UPDATING.
Yes, there is a catch-22 in that one may not be able to
update /usr/src to read /usr/src/UPDATING.  Fortunately, one
can use https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/tree/UPDATING to read
the file.

--
Steve